Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Shimano SLX 29er friendly for climbers

Shimano SLX 29er
If you love to climb, you will love this Shimano SLX CS-HG-61 29er cassette! It gives me a super low gear that makes long, steep climbs in the mountains easier. It also extends the range I can ride in my middle chain ring before shifting to granny gear. It's kind of a pig, tho. I weighed it, and it is about 1/4 pound heavier than the XT cassette I replaced it with. A small price to pay for lower gearing, so I recommend it highly. I wish Shimano, or someone, would
make a high end cassette with a 36T large gear. Until then, this SLX version is the best thing there is.

This cassette is a top 20 cassette best selling with reasonable price. I expect a Black Friday promo remains at amazon.com now. You can read lot of valuable reviews and check for latest promo here.

No comments:

Post a Comment