Thursday, January 5, 2012

Well known SRAM OG1090 classic cassette

SRAM cassette
I had to replace SRAM OG1090 10-Speed Cassette
 that originally was the Rival cassette, also made by SRAM. This cassette, although much more expensive than a Dura-Ace cassette, I was afraid to change brands since the rest of the groupo is SRAM. In any event, the replacement is a great investment. The higer gears (1-7) are milled out of one piece of
alloy while the three lower gears (8,9,10) are attached by a small cage. The cassette will fit all 10speed Shimano/SRAM systems, although I have had problems with a SRAM 8 speed cassette not shifting well on a Shimano system equipped mountain bike, I can't be sure that mixing brands is a good idea.

Overall, this is a precise shifting cassette. I do wonder though if SRAM's design is a durable as Shimano's or Campy's. I had to change out the Rival cassette with less than 3000 on the drive train.

This 5 star SRAM cassette price rage was $157.93-$374.00 and probably lower after Black Friday promo was end.

No comments:

Post a Comment