Sunday, January 1, 2012

Heavy cassette for entry level, Shimano HG50 9 speed (MTB)

Best cassette for entry level
Shimano HG50 9 speed is an entry level cassette, so don't expect light weight. There are lighter cassettes on the market. If weight isn't so important for you however, this unit is strong and durable. I use it on a touring bike, shifts good, works good, lasts long, and doesn't cost an arm and leg. If you are using your bike
for racing, or looking for performance..... spend more to get lighter weight parts.... this cassette is HEAVY. All steel, no aluminum carrier or light weight parts here. That said, for my use, it's fine. If I ever wear it out, I'll buy another.

The selling price is o.k., it is only $20/ each which is ok with any new riders like me ha ha. I bought it from amazon.com, it is located on a best selling cassette page

No comments:

Post a Comment